5225 Blakeslee Ave. Apt. 402
North Hollywood, CA 91601
Offer more than 20 years’ experience in television production, leading / coaching teams to optimum levels of performance, resulting in higher viewership / ratings. Noted for high integrity and quality focus combined with technical expertise and excellence in news writing for all platforms. Understand use of demographics to adapt structure and content, maintaining a loyal viewer base.
Contributed to 6 Golden Mic Awards, 8 Society for Professional Journalist Awards, 5 Valley Press Club Awards and 2 Emmy Awards for Best Daytime Newscast, 2000 and 1997.
KTTV, Fox 11 / KCOP, Los Angeles, California 1994 – Present
Producer, Fox 11 10 O’clock News / KCOP 11 O’clock News (2004 – Present)
Provide strong journalistic leadership to produce traditional newscast, identifying and assigning stories / planning content, rundown and timing for a well-paced high-impact news show to maximize viewership and ratings.
- Maintain #1 rank for weekend newscast in time period despite massive 2009 staff cutbacks.
-Do more with less, allocating resources judiciously to produce a consistently quality product.
-Match right staff member with right job while providing ongoing support and guidance.
- Earned Golden Mic Awards: 2009 for Best Coverage of a Breaking News Story; 2006 for Best News Writing.
Also Fill-in Weekday Producer / Associate Producer and News Writer
- Write for weekday newscasts which includes cutting VOs and VO/SOTs.
- Develop creative, enticing promos and teasers as associate producer.
Producer, Morning News (2002 – 2004)
Produced traditional morning newscast with high story count, planning / scheduling effectively to maintain reliable structure.
- Coached reporters and writers to improve skills / become better storytellers.
- Earned #1 newscast ranking in time period.
Producer, Good Day L.A. (1997 – 2002)
Guided team of hosts, writers and technical staff to set high-energy tone / develop content to create a buzz and grow audience viewership / higher ratings.
- Cultivated hosts’ individual personalities, allowing flexibility to build audience rapport in a more relaxed format.
- Achieved highest ratings in show history.
- 2001 Emmy Award for Live Coverage of an Unscheduled News Event
KREM-TV, Spokane, Washington KTVB, Boise, Idaho
Producer, 11 p.m. Newscast Producer, All Newscasts
KOAA-TV, Colorado Springs, Colorado KRTV, Great Falls, Montana
Producer, Evening and Late Newscasts News Director
California State University-Northridge
B.A. Journalism; minor, History
- Honored with KCSN Scholarship
- Best KCSN Staff Member; contributed to 22 California Intercollegiate Press Association Awards